Here are the first ten programs from the second Nielsen Television Index (NTI) for the 1966-1967 television season, covering the second two weeks of the season, from Monday, September 26th, 1966 through Sunday, October 9th, 1966. They were published in the October 31st, 1966 edition of Broadcasting . These ratings are the average of both week’s programming except in the case of special programming like the last game of the 1966 World Series (broadcast by NBC on Sunday, October 9th) and a Bob Hope special called “The Bob Hope Comedy Special” (broadcast by NBC on Wednesday, September 28th).
Installments of The NBC Saturday Movie were Rear Window on Saturday, October 1st and The Joker is Wild on Saturday, October 8th. And the installments of The ABC Sunday Movie were Move Over, Darling on Sunday, October 2nd and The Young Lions (Part 1) on Sunday, October 9th.
|1.||The World Series (Sunday)||NBC||33.4|
|3.||The Bob Hope Show (Special)||NBC||27.4|
|4.||The Red Skelton Show||CBS||25.7|
|5.||The Andy Griffith Show||CBS||24.8|
|6.||The Lucy Show||CBS||23.8|
|The NBC Saturday Movie||NBC||23.8|
|9.||The Jackie Gleason Show||CBS||23.4|
|10.||The ABC Sunday Movie||ABC||23.1|
Sources: 1 “NBC Leads Second Nielsen.” Broadcasting. 31 Oct. 1966: 64.
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, October 10th, 1966 – October 23rd, 1966
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, November 7th, 1966 – November 20th, 1966
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, September 12th, 1966 – September 25th, 1966
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, October 24th, 1966 – November 6th, 1966
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, November 21st, 1966 – December 4th, 1966