The Pulse Inc. was founded in 1941 and like other companies in the audience measurement business was focused on radio. The company used person-to-person interviews rather than phone calls or electronic monitoring. The New York Times reported the results of The Pulse, Inc.’s television ratings for the month of August in the New York City area. Unfortunately, the brief article was vague, explaining that six of the top ten were sporting events and listing only the four entertainment programs that weren’t sports. Topping the list was Toast of the Town.
|1.||Toast of the Town||WCBS|
|6.||Small Fry Club||WABD|
|9.||Original Amateur Hour||WABD|
“Radio and Television.” New York Times. 4 Sep. 1948: 26.
- (Historical TV Ratings) New York City Pulse Ratings, November 1949
- (Historical TV Ratings) New York City Hooper Ratings, October 1948
- (Historical TV Ratings) Local New York City Pulse Ratings, January 1954
- (Historical TV Ratings) New York City Hooper Ratings, November 1948
- (Historical TV Ratings) New York City Hooper Ratings, December 1948