Here are the Top Ten sponsored programs broadcast during November of 1948 in New York City according to C.E. Hooper. The article in The New York Times pointed out that the top show, Texaco Star Theatre (The Milton Berle Show) on WNBT, drew an 80.7 rating, "the highest rating ever released for either a television or radio program." I'm surprised at how well the hour-long NBC Symphony concert, conducted by Arturo Toscanini (the third of his ten televised concerts), fared on Saturday, November 13th. For comparison, here are the New York City Hooper ratings for October of 1948. They are quite similar.
1. Texaco Star Theatre (The Milton Berle Show) (WNBT)
2. Toast of the Town (WCBS)
3. We, the People (WCBS)
4. Small Fry Club (Thursday) (WABD)
5. Amateur Hour (WABD)
6. Kraft Television Theatre (WNBT)
7. The Chevrolet Tele-Theatre (Chevrolet on Broadway) (WNBT)
8. Americana (Americana Quiz) (WNBT)
9. The Bigelow Show (WNBT)
10. NBC Symphony (WNBT)
"Radio and Television: 'Your Lucky Strike' Program to Reward Top Contestants With Show Billings." New York Times. 29 Nov. 1948: 42.