Here are the top ten programs for the two-week period covering Sunday, November 27th through Saturday, December 10th, 1955. The first table lists the top ten by households and the second by rating.
|2.||I Love Lucy||CBS||14,628,000|
|3.||Ed Sullivan Show||CBS||12,883,000|
|Jack Benny Show||CBS||12,883,000|
|7.||You Bet Your Life||NBC||11,608,000|
|2.||I Love Lucy||CBS||44.9|
|3.||Jack Benny Show||CBS||40.9|
|4.||Ed Sullivan Show||CBS||40.5|
|8.||You Be Your Life||NBC||35.6|
|10.||I’ve Got a Secret||CBS||34.8|
Note: Prior to July 1960, Nielsen ratings were not based on the total number of television households in the United States. From 1950 to 1953, ratings were a percentage of households in cities/markets in which the program was broadcast. From 1953 to 1960, ratings were a percentage of households capable of viewing a program.
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, November 13th, 1955 – November 26th, 1955
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, October 30th – November 12th, 1955
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, September 25th – October 8th, 1955
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, November 27th – December 3rd, 1972
- (Historical TV Ratings) Nielsen Top Ten, October 9th – October 22nd, 1955